Transportation will be furnished for all elementary pupils who live more than three-quarters (.75) of a mile from the school they are required to attend; for middle school pupils, the limit shall be in excess of one and one-half (1-1/2) miles; for high school students, the limit shall be in excess of two (2) miles.
Measures, for purposes of this policy, will be done by establishing the most direct route between student residences and schools as measured electronically by computer routing. Transportation shall be furnished for shorter distances if, in the opinion of the Superintendent, the road is unreasonably hazardous relative to the age of the child concerned.
This policy does not apply to those students assigned transportation as part of their Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Nothing in this policy is intended to limit the Board’s authority in the future to eliminate furnishing transportation for students as may be permitted by law. In the event of any dispute over the proper application of this policy, the Board’s decision shall be final.
Ohio Pupil Transportation Safety Rules Regulation 3301-83-08
School Bus Safe-Riding Rules:
- Pupils should arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive. (We recommend 3-4 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.)
- Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops.
- Behavior at school bus stops must not threaten life, limb, or property of any individual.
- Pupils must go directly to an available or assigned seat. (Local procedure instructs the driver to assign seats to all students on each route.)
- Pupils must remain seated, keeping aisles and exits clear.
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language.
- Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons. (Please notify the transportation office in advance.)
- Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
- Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except for prescription medication required for a student.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from, or into the bus.
- Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps. (This includes musical instruments & school projects.)
- Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus windows.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact Findlay City Schools Transportation Department at 419-425-8271.
District Boundaries, School Boundaries, and Routes
View a map of the Findlay City School District Boundaries, Bus Routes & sign-up for up-to-date information on transportation changes.